Monday, May 14, 2012

Options For Going Natural

When going natural everybody wants some miracle potion that strips the relaxer from your hair, but guess what? THAT POTION DOESN'T EXIST!!! You have two options when you want to go natural.

  1. BC (Big Chop): When you cut off all the chemically treated hair, leaving Au-Natural.
  2. Transitioning: Growing your relaxed hair out, trimming it off as you go along.
    • Short Term- I describe this as being less than 8 months post relaxer, cutting the relaxed hair off sooner rather than later.
    • Long Term- I describe this as being more than 8 months post relaxer.
Myself, personally, couldn't not cut off all my hair at once so I decided to do a transition. Next was whether to do a short or long term transition. I really don't want to go back to having short hair so I decided to do a long term transition. My transition will last approximately 2 years, or whenever all the relaxed hair is gone...whichever comes first.

Make a commitment and stick to it because it will be worth it in the end. Surrounding yourself with positive aspects of going natural will be very beneficial while on this long transitioning journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment