Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Tools For Transitioning


Hey everyone!!! I know it's been a while but I wanted to start more on my natural journey before I start giving some "transitioning" advice. So far I have been going natural for about 14 weeks now and I still love it.

1. Decide Why You Are Going Natural: I am going natural because I want to have a healthy lifestyle.  My journey is about my hair, mind, and body.

•Hair- "Au-Natural"

•Mind-Having a Great Relationship with God (#1 Priority)

•Body-Getting My Weight under Control (Keeping It Off)
 I have a little girl and I want her to be able to look in the mirror and be proud of herself and her lovely hair. She not going to have a good self-esteem if she sees her mother is not happy with herself. I have to lead by example.

2. Get Inspired: I have been constantly on the internet. I look at pictures, on natural hair blogs, and on YouTube. There is so much information out there; you just have to look for it. My favorite natural hair blog at the moment would be CurlyNikki because she has SOOO much “useful” information on her website. On YouTube I have to favorites: Naptural85 and Kikicouture10. They both have hairstyles that you can try, do it yourself homemade recipes, and tips for naturals and transitioners.  

3. Positive Reinforcement: Surround yourself with “positive” people. I have been very lucky so far. Everyone around me is really supportive of my entire process.

4. Get to Know Your Hair: You do this by doing different styles on your hair. I have tried numerous hairstyles in just these past few weeks lol. I’ve tried bantu knot-outs (both two-strand and regular), braid-outs, twist-outs, perm rods, flexi-rods, and twist n curl. I have to say that my favorite thus far is the flexi-rods because they last the longest. My go to hairstyle is the bantu knot-outs. Maybe this will change once my hair gets a little thicker, who knows.
Any Advice For Newly Transitioners Please Feel Free To Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment